Global IP Address Acquisition Tool
"Global IP Address Acquisition Tool" is a tool that checks the global IP address assigned by the provider and saves it to a file.
When you run the program, you will access the "http://checkip.dyndns.org/" and get the global IP address. The obtained IP address is saved as a text file in the specified location.
Go to check your IP address only once per boot. If you want to retrieve it regularly, register and use it in a task scheduler.
|CPU||What the OS works with|
|Free memory||10MB or more|
|Free storage space||2MB or more|
|Supported languages||Japanese, English, all 40 languages|
|Other components||Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)|
|other||Internet connection required|
How to install
Since the downloaded file has the actual software compressed, double-click to open the file and copy the file to the appropriate folder.
Overwrite all files if the previous version exists.
How to uninstall
Please delete the entire unzipped folder. Files, etc. are not created except in the folder where the program was run unless explicitly specified.
Expand the downloaded file and double-click on the "SaveGlobalIPAddress.exe" file to launch it.
When executed, access to "http://checkip.dyndns.org/" and go to get a global IP address. After acquiring, write and save the IP address with a file called "IPAddress .txt" in the folder where the program was executed. (As of December 29, 2014, it will be saved with the text "Current IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"))
In particular, since the screen etc. are finished without displaying, check whether the "IPAddress .txt" or "Log.txt" file has been updated.
Any errors will be listed in the Log .txt file.
Change where files are saved
Usually, when you run the program, you save the ip address obtained under the name "IPAddress .txt" file in a folder with "SaveGlobalIPAddress .exe". If you want to save the file to any folder, create the following text in a text editor, etc., and enter the file path to be saved. Once you have created the text, save it in the "SaveGlobalIPAddress.exe" folder under the file name "Setting .xml". When saving, make the character code "UTF-8". (If it is not UTF-8, an error occurs when the program is executed.)
<?xml version="1.0"?> <ApplicationSetting xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <IPAddressWriteFilePath>[ここに保存するファイルパスを記述してください]</IPAddressWriteFilePath> </ApplicationSetting>
If you have not applied for a fixed IP address from your provider, your global IP address may change at irregular times. If you want to put a home server, etc., if the IP address is not fixed, the IP address will be changed before you know it and you will not be able to connect.
In this case, it will usually be supported by dynamic DNS, etc., but in some cases, dynamic DNS may not be available. You can register this retrieval tool in the task scheduler in the first aid sense, get an IP address regularly, and sync the created files with a file sync service such as OneDrive or Dropbox to configure DNS settings based on that IP address from the outside.
Copyrights and Disclaimers
- The author shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages incurred by the user due to the use of this software, and shall not compensate any compensation. Please use it after understanding that.
- This software is protected by the provisions of the Copyright Act of Japan and international treaties.
- The copyright of this software (including programs and related documents) is in "Onodara".
- Secondary distribution to specific individuals is allowed. However, it should not be freely distributed to an unspecified number of people. In addition, it is prohibited to extract and distribute some of the data.
- If you would like to introduce this software on the website, etc., please use the method of linking to "https://sorceryforce.net/".
- We will respond by e-mail to you regarding magazine publications.
About this software
This software is free software. There is no such thing as payment of fees by using it.
- Software specifications are subject to change without notice in the future.
- This software must not be modified or internally analyzed.
Ver 1.01 (2014/12/28)
- Feature improvements
- The file is no more overwritten if the stored and retrieved IP addresses are the same.
- Specification changes
- Corresponding .NET Framework changed from 3.5 SP1 to 4
Ver 1.00 (2010/02/14)
- first edition